We are recruiting for a full-time Senior Financial Consultant to work with us in Beijing, China.
R3 is a uniquely global firm that drives greater marketing effectiveness and efficiency for our clients. Our company was founded in 2002 on three “Rs”: Return on Agencies, Return on Media, and Return on Investment. We see ourselves as the “McKinsey of Marketing.” Whereas a CEO has access to independent best practices from McKinsey, Bain or BCG, and a CFO has access to KPMG or EY, a CMO has no such independent partner. We aim to fill that gap. R3 is now 100 people strong, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Shanghai, and Beijing.
- Support R3’s financial consulting business in China across Shanghai, Beijing, and other major cities. with scale across our global offices. Support for global projects will be needed upon ad hoc requests.
- Play a key role in supporting R3 financial consulting and research projects. Typical projects include Digital Ecosystem Benchmarking, Agency Pitch Management, Media Auditing, and increasingly more marketing measurement projects.
- Individually complete assignments from team projects and initiate methodologies or optimizations.
- Respond to internal and external management and coordination and be client-facing when needed.
This person will report to Sabrina Lee, the MD of China, and to Greg Paull and Shufen Goh, the founders and principals. We have a very flat structure.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have experience on the client or agency side of marketing (preferably both) with strong finance skills and 8 to 20 years of working experience. We are open to candidates with experience from Client Side, Advertising, Digital, PR, Research, or Media Agencies.
- The ability to manage and grow our core services will be crucial. Candidates cannot be new to China and must know this market, people, and working approach.
- The candidate must have a business-driven mindset and is effectively bilingual. Applicants should be native Chinese speakers with good English. Some education or work experience outside of China will be an asset.
- A pro-active attitude and the ability to work independently, while being an effective team player. It’s crucial for the candidate to have a business-driven mindset and is effectively bilingual. Some education or work experience outside of China will be an asset.
- Applicants should be capable of doing individual research in specific fields such as client industry, or marketing/communication trends in China and globally. Creating a sharp point of view and clearly demonstrating through oral and written work is mandatory.
Compensation & Benefits
We aim to pay competitive compensation to our staff, based on the working experience and capability of the candidate.
R3 conducts six-monthly 360-degree evaluations. We review compensation and bonuses according to company and individual performance.
Every year, our whole team does something fun together for three days. Previous trips include Hanoi, Shanghai, Bangkok, and Taipei. We have specific rewards every three, six, and nine years of service for those who stay with us.
One Team – Despite offices in multiple countries, R3 works under a single P&L model, which is unique in the marketing services industry and allows for far greater sharing and collaboration. We believe this is critical to our long-term success.
Add to the Culture, Not Change It – Although we work with the world’s largest companies, R3 is very different from a large agency or consultancy. We maintain more of a ‘family’ feel with extensive collaboration, partnership, and no politics. We take pride in what we have achieved and humility in how we can better ourselves. We welcome ideas and opinions from all levels, and it is this accessibility and open culture that we want to build the company on, regardless of geography. For us, it’s more important to have people who fit R3’s culture.
Act With Integrity – There is no company in the marketing sector that puts a higher value on integrity and honesty. We handle highly confidential information from marketers and agencies, including media cost benchmarks and sales information. The person who takes on this role must be beyond reproach.
Growth & Development – R3 believes in ongoing training, motivation, and incentives to keep and inspire than best possible consultants. Every week, we hold a Sharing Session across different teams. Every three months, we agree and align three things we want each individual to do for the following three months – and in turn, three things that R3 will do for that person.